Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just plain tuckered out

I am pooped. Our house smells like paint fumes and my hands have blisters from a pruning saw.
In an insane flurry of home improvement, hereto unknown in these parts, my mom and husband painted our kitchen over the weekend and I stripped, sanded and painted a kitchen island. Then, my mom and I pruned our three humongous holly trees to half their size They used to reach the second story windows. They were full and bushy. They are now crazy looking skeleton trees that barely reach the middle of the first story windows. Then, as if that weren't enough, we pruned the crepe myrtle, cut down four bushes entirely and took out an entire mystery tree in the front yard. To finish things up, I took off the screens and washed our kitchen windows and shutters inside and out.

I am exhausted. And since today I have to make a batch of Easter bunny cupcakes with coconut fur, marshmallow ears, and jellybean eyes and nose and clean up the house for an afternoon playdate, I just don't have time for an involved post. Though this seems to be getting there.

In the spirit of taking it easy, I am stealing a meme from lord knows where.

Name one thing you do every day: Teeter on the brink of insanity. The only thing aside of pharmaceuticals that keeps me from going batty is reading and so, in an effort to stave off a straight jacket, I read. Right now I am reading Three Cups of Tea. More on this in a day or so.

Name 5 things/people that make you feel good: Chocolate, good conversation,warm sunshine and a blue sky, my children when they are not screaming like banshees, an evening curled up on the couch with my husband and Lost.

Name 4 things you love to eat but rarely do: Well, I love diet soda but can't drink it anymore because I have Interstitial Cystitis. Sometimes I have one but I usually pay the price later. I am not supposed to eat chocolate either, but that's just damned impossible. Ice cream I love but rarely eat. Pizza. Cookies. German chocolate cake or just about any flavor cake. Donuts. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?

Name 3 things that remind you of childhood: El Chico, Old Spice deodorant, motel swimming pools.

Name two things you wish you could learn: I would like to learn to play the banjo. That would be cool. I would like to learn to make yeast breads--I just never get them right and they are always hard as rocks.


Tag, you're it: Missy from The House of Flying Monkeys, Rima from Rimarama Mama Drama, Jennifer from Thursday Drive and Marge at Marge in Real Life.



That took way too long.

3 comments:

Jennifer S said...

Ah, you caught me. But I'm grateful for a meme to add to my depleted mental resources.

I'm exhausted just reading about all you did. Good grief, woman.

Teetering with you...

Rima said...

I wish I were chilling on the couch with the P-Dawg and a donut, watching Lost right now.

Ah, yes. The deceptively simple meme is my foe, but I'm game to try this one. I need to catch up on a few first, but I will tackle it eventually! Thanks for thinking of me!

Jennilu said...

Hey, I was glad to see your comment to my post My Little Fashionista. You mentioned you were preparing for a consignment sale. I use to participate in those when I lived in the Nashville area, but haven't found any here in Knoxville. If you know of some people that have a good sale, please let me know. I made pretty good money at them and it was a lot less hassle than eBay. You can email me smithtimes3(at)bellsouth(dot)net. Thanks!!!!