Saturday, February 16, 2008

Act 2

Once upon a time, there lived a woman who needed something in her life. Something was missing. She searched high and low for an new activity and finally, tentatively, dipped a toe in world of blogging.

The virgin blogger was hooked like a fish on a line. She loved the daily writing and the instant feedback. Delusions of fame and fortune soon took over. Virgin blogger thought that maybe she could make a career out of this. Perhaps she could write a book!

With visions being a guest on the Oprah Show dancing in her head, the virgin blogger foolishly put her real name on her blog. Her husband tried to protest and suggested she think on it for a while, but the blogger, who had always been impulsive, brushed away his fears like a gnat on a summer day. Who was he to question her creative genius?

Everything was going along swimmingly, when, thanks to local media, her address and name was distributed to the world at large. Everyone had it, friends, enemies, family, in-laws. Virgin blogger began to think perhaps she had been foolhardy.

Then the virgin blogger made the fateful decision to go back to work in the fall. Virgin blogger was paralyzed by fear that her future employers and colleagues might find her blog. She didn't think she wanted them reading about her saggy boobs and flagging sex life. In her line of work, she is expected to be a role model. She began to feel very restricted in what she could blog about. It just wasn't fun anymore if she always had to be careful.

So, virgin blogger, now older and wiser, decided to start a brand new anonymous blog. She would adopt a nom de plume and once again feel the freedom to air all her dirty laundry. Watch out world, here she comes. Again.

Welcome to virgin blogger's Act 2. Just don't out her, OK?

3 comments:

Jennifer S said...

'Cause a girl needs a place to talk about the saggy things and the flagging things.

Glad to have a front row seat...

ms-teacher said...

A close relative just discovered my blog. I'm trying to remember if I ever wrote anything about her that could be view negatively. It definitely gave me second thoughts about my blog.

Welcome back to the blogosphere! And, I hope no one outs you.

stephanie said...

Welcome 'back!' Riding that thin line can be difficult, true. I'm just so glad my principal appreciates my blog (she even quoted me at a meeting!), and my students think I'm old and very uninteresting so they don't even try to find me.

Enjoy the anonymity! :)